As part of the University Safety Department commitment to compliance with the Clery Act, the Chief Safety Officer directed the formalization of a Clery Compliance Committee in 2020. This committee is responsible for:
- Reporting and review of Clery-reportable offenses
- Review of Safety Warnings and procedures
- Review of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Review of policies relating to Clery compliance
- Review of Campus Security Authority designations
- Review of Campus Security Authority training materials
The committee is chaired by the Clery Compliance Manager. Membership includes representatives from University Police; Community Services; the Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX; University Hospitals and Clinics; the Office of the Dean of Students; the Office of General Counsel; Housing & Residential Education; University Student Apartments; Continuing Education and Community Engagement; the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; Fraternity & Sorority Life; the Center for Student Wellness; Human Resources; Athletics; Environmental Health and Safety; and others appointed based on their current role in an area that is integral to Clery compliance.
More information about policies and regulations, the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, the daily crime and fire log, and campus alerts, is available here.