Emergency Communications Center
The Emergency Communications Center operates 24/7/365. Staff answer emergency (9-1-1) and non-emergency (801-585-2677) calls, operate public safety radio frequencies, perform record checks, monitor campus alarms, coordinate with neighboring public safety agencies, and dispatches for police, fire, security, and medical resources for the University of Utah.
When should you call 9-1-1?
- Life-threatening situations
- Report a crime in progress or suspicious activity
- Request for medical assistance
- Report a fire, smoke, or hazardous chemical spill
When calling 9-1-1, be prepared to give the location, the nature of the emergency, and your name, phone number, and location.
NON-EMERGENCIES 801-585-cops (2677)
When should you call 801-585-2677?
- Report any type of crime where there is no immediate threat to life or property
- Safety escorts
- Non-injury traffic accidents
- Noise complaints or other disturbances
- Abandoned vehicles
- Lost and found items
- After-hour services such as building or vehicle lockouts, facility issues, vehicle jumpstarts, etc.